Pdfsam: a free open source tool to split, merge and manipulate PDF documents.
pdfsam is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to handle pdf files. It's written in Java and it provides a Graphical interface (GUI) and a shell interface (Console). It's platform independent and it runs on every platform where a Java Virtual Machine is available. It’s released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced, both open source and it has been tested on various versions of Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux distributions and MacOS X.
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With it’s simple and intuitive interface you can:
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
- rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
- visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
- visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
- save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
A powerful tool to manage more than pages order in pdf documents. It is a basic version enhanced with features that allow to:
- encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
- add a pdf front or back cover (or both) to your pdf documents.
- decrypt pdf documents.
- extract attachments from your pdf documents.
- set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.
- set the metadata of a document (author, title, subject and keywords).
- Branch 1 of pdfsam requires a JVM 1.4.2 or higher.
- Branch 2 of pdfsam requires a JVM 1.6 or higher.
- pdfsam-basic: Ver. 1.2.0
- pdfsam-enhanced: Ver. 1.6.0e
- pdfsam-basic: Ver. 2.2.2
- pdfsam-enhanced: Ver. 2.2.2e