I just released the first milestone for PDFsam v3. The workspace missing feature has been implemented together with few bug fixes and some useful user suggestions. Platform specific installers are still missing but you can test it anyway, just unzip the bundle and run it using the provided script in the bin subdirectory. Feel free to report any issue here and remember, it requires Java 8.
Time has come, finally!
For those of you willing to test a highly unstable PDFsam v3 BETA release, here is the zip bundle. Few things worth mentioning:
- Only the zip bundle is available, no MSI, DMG or other installers yet
- It’s the first public and testable version, don’t expect it to be stable and production ready
- Workspace related functionalities are not yet implemented
- Visual modules are not yet implemented
- Feedbacks, ideas, suggestions are welcome
- It requires Java 8
I just finished to build the progress indicator I’ll most probably use in PDFsam v3 to display task progress for pdf merge, split etc. It’s a JavaFX control and, since it can be reused, I created a separated repository for it so people can clone it and do whatever they want with it. Here on GitHub.
I’m finally back on PDFsam, hopefully full time, and I hope I’ll be able to give you some early version of PDFsam v3 soon. First steps taken are the new GitHub repository for the source code (https://github.com/torakiki/pdfsam) and a new Twitter account (https://twitter.com/PDFsamOSS) where I’ll keep you updated on the development status.
I just published a free and super simple tool for Android devices to merge pdf documents. It doesn’t have may options, just the three steps select/sort/merge but it does the job on your smartphone or tablet. It’s powered by Sejda and PDFBox and it’s available on Google Play and on Amazon.
You can find more info here.
Any feedback is always welcome… as long as it’s a good one
as you know I’m working on v3.0.0 and I’m currently working on the user interface. I created a forum post where I attached some screen, I’d like to discuss the UI with you… after all it’s you who is going to split and merge pdf documents with pdfsam and you are probably the best source of ideas and experience.
I finally found some time to release the new version of PDFsam. I want to apologize for the long delay but, as some of you may know, I worked hard on a couple of other projects (What A Cult and Sejda) in the past year and PDFsam was left a bit behind. Release 3 is not coming out any time soon so I decided to release version 2.2.2 with fixes to some of the most annoying bugs. Among the others:
- Windows msi installation package supporting silent installation
- New pdfsam-starter.exe and finally no more “javaw.exe not found” error message
- Confirmation sounds are now working on Java 7
- No more “invisible GUI” and crappy “delete gui-config.xml” workaround
- Upgraded thumbnails generation libraries and langpack
As usual the new version can be downloaded here.
Please report back if you find any issue.