I finally found some time to release the new version of pdfsam. I want to apologise for the long delay but, as some of you may know, I worked hard on a couple of other projects (What A Cult and Sejda) in the past year and pdfsam was left a bit behind. Release 3 of pdfsam is not coming out any time soon so I decided to release version 2.2.2 with fixes to some of the most annoying bugs. Among the others:
- Windows msi installation package supporting silent installation
- New pdfsam-starter.exe and finally no more “javaw.exe not found” error message
- Confirmation sounds are now working on Java 7
- No more “invisible GUI” and crappy “delete gui-config.xml” workaround
- Upgraded thumbnails generation libraries and langpack
As usual the new version can be downloaded here.
Please report back if you find any issue.
I released versions 2.2.1 basic and enhanced, available in the download section. In these release you’ll find some library upgrade (JPodRenderer, the thumbnails generation library, among the others) and some bug fixes (most inportant one bug affecting the bookmarks handling during the merge and split). You can find the complete list in the changelogs here.
The ICEpdf thumbnail generation has been upgraded as well to the latest version.
MacOS dmg will be available soon.
as some of you may already know by the forum, a couple of days ago McAfee antivirus reported an infection in the pdfsam-starter.exe. I’m sure it’s a false positive and I already reported it to McAfee attaching the sources of the pdfsam-starter hoping that they will fix this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime I released a patch containing a new pdfsam-starter.exe which fixes an issue on Windows 7 64bits (bug #3050730) and that McAfee likes more than the previous one. The patch can be found here, I also included the sources so anybody can check them or even compile the starter. I really hope to have a fast feedback from McAfee and I was also thinking about dropping the pdfsam-starter executable (that is the only Windows executable included in the package) in next releases, leaving there only the .bat script to avoid any further trouble with the wonderful world of Windows/Virus/AntiVirus.
I just released the new versions of pdfsam basic and enhanced. These releases are mainly focused on bug fixes and feature requests. Now the ImageViewer for the single pages preview has zoom in, zoom out and rotate capabilities, the alternate mix has a new option that lets you define the step for both the input documents, the split function has been modified to better handle input files with a big bookmarks tree and should be much faster now splitting these types of files. The user interface has been modified with accelerator keys, warning messages if the destination field is empty and the file chooser now remembers the previous path.
I just released the new version of basic and enhanced pdfsam. In this version almost all the libraries have been update, 6 bugs have been fixed, the new docinfo plugin has been added to the enhanced version (this plugin can be used to set metadata of the document like author, title, etc..) and some feature request has been implemented (DnD support on *nix systems, save/restore of the GUI settings when closing/opening pdfsam and saving the environment will save informations about the selected plugin).
I also created a thumbnails generation library using ICEpdf. This library can be pluged and used as thumbnails generation engine instead of the default JPodRenderer generation library, check this HowTo if you want to try it.
The Mac OS dmg distribution will be ready soon.
I just released the first stable versions of the branch 2. The new 2.0.0 and 2.0.0e are available to be downloaded. You’ll find some bug fixes, the context menu to add complex prefixes, the rotate plugin, thumbnails with a slightly improved quality, plugins showed in alphabetical order and the new console command ‘pagelabels’ to set page labels on a pdf document.
New versions has been released. The [BASENAME] prefix has been fixed and the new iText version (2.1.7) should fix the many NullPointerExceptions reported the last month. The enhanced Decrypt plugin can now take an input prefix for the output files naming.