Time has come, finally!
For those of you willing to test a highly unstable PDFsam v3 BETA release, here is the zip bundle. Few things worth mentioning:
- Only the zip bundle is available, no MSI, DMG or other installers yet
- It’s the first public and testable version, don’t expect it to be stable and production ready
- Workspace related functionalities are not yet implemented
- Visual modules are not yet implemented
- Feedbacks, ideas, suggestions are welcome
- It requires Java 8
today PDFsam v3 performed its very first task merging pdf files.
There’s still quite a lot of work to do but I wanted to share the good news, the merge pdf module of PDFsam v3 kind of works and it’s going to be the first one to be finalized. I still don’t have any bundle for you to test and I don’t know yet when I will, but things are moving, I have screen shots to prove it
I finally found some time to release the new version of PDFsam. I want to apologize for the long delay but, as some of you may know, I worked hard on a couple of other projects (What A Cult and Sejda) in the past year and PDFsam was left a bit behind. Release 3 is not coming out any time soon so I decided to release version 2.2.2 with fixes to some of the most annoying bugs. Among the others:
- Windows msi installation package supporting silent installation
- New pdfsam-starter.exe and finally no more “javaw.exe not found” error message
- Confirmation sounds are now working on Java 7
- No more “invisible GUI” and crappy “delete gui-config.xml” workaround
- Upgraded thumbnails generation libraries and langpack
As usual the new version can be downloaded here.
Please report back if you find any issue.
I released versions 2.2.1 basic and enhanced, available in the download section. In these release you’ll find some library upgrade (JPodRenderer, the thumbnails generation library, among the others) and some bug fixes (most inportant one bug affecting the bookmarks handling during the pdf merge and pdf split). You can find the complete list in the changelogs here.
The ICEpdf thumbnail generation has been upgraded as well to the latest version.
MacOS dmg will be available soon.
as some of you may already know by the forum, a couple of days ago McAfee antivirus reported an infection in the pdfsam-starter.exe. I’m sure it’s a false positive and I already reported it to McAfee attaching the sources of the pdfsam-starter hoping that they will fix this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime I released a patch containing a new pdfsam-starter.exe which fixes an issue on Windows 7 64bits (bug #3050730) and that McAfee likes it more than the previous one. The patch can be found here, I also included the sources so anybody can check them or even compile the starter. I really hope to have a fast feedback from McAfee and I was also thinking about dropping the pdfsam-starter executable (that is the only Windows executable included in the package) in next releases, leaving there only the .bat script to avoid any further trouble with the wonderful world of Windows/Virus/AntiVirus.