PDFsam is a free, open source, platform independent tool released under GPLv2 license and designed to perform split, merge and other manipulations on pdf document. It’s released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced.
Java Runtime Environment 1.6 or higher
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With it’s simple and intuitive interface you can:
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
- rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
- visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
- visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
- save and load your workspace to automate your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set a workspace to load at start up.
This is the enhanced version of pdfsam. In this version you’ll find all the basic features plus:
- encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
- add a pdf frontpage or an addendum (or both) to your pdf documents.
- decrypt pdf documents.
- extract attachments from your pdf documents.
- set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.
- set the metadata of a document (author, title, subject and keywords).
|pdfsam basic||pdfsam enhanced|
|Source code available (GPL licensed).|
|Split pdf documents.|
|Merge pdf documents.|
|Extract sections of a pdf document.|
|Visually reorder pagest.|
|Visually compose a document.|
|Rotate pdf documents.|
|Encrypt pdf documents and set permissions.|
|Decrypt pdf documents.|
|Extract attachments from your pdf documents.|
|Set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.|
|Add a frontpage or an addendum (or both) to a pdf document.|
|Mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.|
|Save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.|
|Settings section (language, look and feel..).|
|Set a default environment to load at startup.||Set the metadata of a document (author, title, subject and keywords) .|
Check the FAQ for more details.